Tuesday, June 15, 2010

World Cup..half full or half empty?

Happy Tuesday to the ANGELS.  Hope all is well in the VILLE.  It is hotter than HELLo here.  The song says..SOME LIKE IT HOT.  Guess I'll take it over the cold and snow.  Stay cool my fellow ANGELS.

I'm taking a break from my spirituality blogs..and chatting about this world event going on known as the FIFA WORLD CUP.  The World Cup is like the Superbowl of soccer.  Its the grand stage for the most popular sport in the world...WORLD, not USA. 

inHALE..

I have to admit..I've never been a soccer guy or fan.  Never have..never will.  However..I did enjoy watching Claire and Mason during their soccer days.  It was fun to watch.  Mason actually looked pretty cool running up and down the field with his hair flopping.  I know the girls dug that.  I digress..

Again..the World Cup event going on has been a main event for ESPN.  Their programming appears to be covering the event pretty good.  As I said earlier..this is theee SUPERBOWL for soccer.  With that said..I just don't get it.

I can't relate to any sport that accepts a tie.  Maybe at the kid level..but surely not at the pro level.  Yeah, there can be ties in football...but not the playoffs or Superbowl.  SO..with soccer commanding the world's stage..why would soccer allow ties to occur within the world cup games.  Makes no sense.  I can accept little to no scoring.  I respect the players for their defensive efforts.  But to let a game end in a tie..i don't "FRICKIN" get it.  Then again..nor do I want too.

If soccer wants to grab to casual to novice fan...give me a "FRICKIN" winner.  Throw me a bone..

exHALE..

I feel better now..


Peace out my HALEYUNNS!

2 comments:

  1. Ties only happen in the group stage, once you get to the knockout round it is win and advance, lose and go home. My daughter plays for a select club and the tournaments are the same way there. Ties are not good but they are better than a loss, only slightly. Keep in mind it is possible to still have ties in the NFL. I coach soccer so I have a biased opinion but to me it is the greatest game in the world. This is my favorite time (until 4 years from now when they do it again).

    A-Num

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned the NFL..but not in the playoffs or Superbowl. This is soccer's grand stage. There should be a winner and a loser. Period!

    ReplyDelete